Chapter 1 Review Problems (page 34-35) #6, 7, 11
Chapter 2 Review Problems (page 80) #8(b,c,d), #9(a,b,d)
Section 3.1 (page 98-99) #23(a,c)
Chapter 3 Review Problems (page 131-133) #2, 4, 5(b,c), 7, 8(a,b), 10(b,c)
Section 4.1 (page 154) #5-6
Chapter 4 Review Problems (page 181-182) #5-8 (also graph the best fit lines)
Make sure you can do the following problems as well:
- The mean score on an exam was 80% with a standard deviation of 3. Use Chebyshev’s Theorem to find intervals such that:
- at least 75% of the grades on the exam lie in that interval
- at least 88.9% of the grades on the exam lie in that interval
- at least 93.8% of the grades on the exam lie in that interval
- Find the mean, median, Q1, Q3, IQR, range, variance and standard deviation of the following population data: 21, 13, 20, 19, 25, 23, 25, 34, 18, 30, 27, 12
- For a random sample of tropical cyclones, the following data is calculated to study the relationship between the barometric pressure (x, in millibars) and the wind speed (y, in miles per hour): , , , , and r = -0.99.
- Find the equation of the best-fit line.
- What wind speed is predicted for a cyclone with a barometric pressure of 950 millibars?
- If the cyclones in our random sample had barometric pressures ranging between 930 and 1000, is the prediction in the previous part reasonable? Is that prediction an interpolation or extrapolation?