Due Thursday, May, 11:
The following problems must be turned in (but will not be graded for correctness):
- Prove the following identity: .
- Evaluate and .
- Is there any real number x where is negative? Explain why or why not, making reference to the unit circle.
- Convert the following radian measures to degrees: .
The following problems will be graded and will account for 30% of this homework’s grade:
- Graph on the interval .
- Let . Find and simplify , assuming h is not 0.
- Graph , making sure to label any intercepts and asymptotes.
The following problems are optional, and need not be turned int:
Section 5.3 #47-50
Section 5.4 #19-20, 25, 35-38
Section 5.5 #3-6, 41-46
Section 7.1 #35, 39, 48